Objectives of the Programme
Taking into consideration the diverse religious context of our global human community and in particular the religious pluralistic reality and education situation in Africa, this programme aims to prepare students to explore the dynamics of religious life and discourse in light of Biblical Christian thought and theology. The programme main goals are thus:
- To enable students gaining a better understanding of the world in which they live and are called to serve; by providing them quality education as one step forward for excellent preparation for students planning to pursue further studies in religion or in any number of related field including education, philosophy, sociology or African studies.
- To provide students an appreciation of the global dimensions of religious traditions, religious dialogue and the study of religion and intellectual discourse founded on the African mentality and culture.
- To provide to students a broad understanding of Christian theology and Scripture.
- To provide to students an ability to discuss issues relating to religious beliefs, practices, values and history and to examine them from a variety of perspectives.
- To provide to students ability to access credible research resources in order to understand, explore, and critique complex ideas in religious.
- To provide to students an opportunity to reflect on strategies related to practical application of religious and didactic ideas within the global context without keeping aside the African perspective and cultural situation.
All in all, however, the Jordan University College aims to direct students not just intellectually, but also personally in all of the courses found herein; the objective is to produce well prepared member members of religious communities as well as lay Christians to serve as scholars as mentors and guides in navigating our complex religious world of advancement in science and technology and the array of approaches to religion, education, ministry, and the pressing questions of our post-modern world, in particular the African state of affairs and the inculturation issue.
Direct Entry Scheme Requirements for the Diploma in Education with Religious Studies (NTA Level 5 & 6):
- At least one principal pass in any subject obtained from Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSEE).
- Certificate from accredited institution
- At least four passes obtained from Ordinary Secondary Education (CSEE)
NB: Candidates seeking admission through Equivalent Entry Scheme should contact the Admission Office
For more informaiton go to Admission & Requirements
Total cost Per Year 1,160,000 TZS
Duration of the Programme
The Diploma is a two year programme.
The disciplines for the Diploma programme are classified into the following groups of courses:
- Philosophical and social science courses in selected disciplines,
- Institutional and Education Foundation courses
- History courses,
- Scriptural courses,
- Theological courses,
- Pastoral-spiritual courses, including studies in Liturgy and Canon Law.